Saturday, May 30, 2009

More of the Mini Trip

Day of Graduation

Waking up I had 4 text messages.
The most important was the one from Bob.
He was at rehearsal and would let me know when
he was done so I could go back to Sylvania and
pick him up. So Mom and I could shower some
much needed attention on him.

I showered, got dressed and checked mail
real fast when I got the text. Meeting place
arranged, I left the Hotel and headed to Sylvania
to pick him up at a friend's house.

I met his friend's mother and sat for a few
minutes. It was time to head back
to Statesboro.

Meeting up with Mom, we head out to the Mall.
Well..area where there are a few stores..lol
Between Mom & I, we get Bob,
Pants
Shirt
Tie
Boxers
&
Socks

He is set. So we decide to feed our hunger
and go to Ruby Tuesday's
Food was pretty good and I of course went to
town on the salad bar.

Then it was back to the Hotel so Bob could shower and
get dressed. As he got dressed it hit me. My baby has
grown up. He fought against many problems
and things and made it.
He got his High School Diploma.
He was no longer a little boy that played with
his action figure toys.
He was a graduate and heading into the Army


Needless to say it was a VERY happy day for me

Graduation went well. It stopped raining long enough
for the ceremony. And despite some BS drama
stemming from my daughter,
all went well.


We all headed to Chili's for dinner, then I dropped the
kids off and headed back to the Hotel. The next day,
I would be saying bye to Mom, Danielle and Bob.

Last bit coming soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeez, this is exciting!

Wil Harrison.com

Gina said...

Oh hush!