Monday, June 1, 2009

Last Leg of Mini Trip

Graduation done. Exhaustion ensues.

I returned from dropping Bob and his
girlfriend, Christina off in Sylvania and head back
to Statesboro. By the time I get back to the Hotel, Mom
and Danielle are already asleep.

So I pack. LOL
I am already anxious to get home, I pack everything
I can so in the morning, I just have to get up, get
washed up and dressed, load the car and I can head
back to Sylvania to see Bob once more before I head
out to Atlanta.

Mom and Danielle head down for the complimentary
breakfast the hotel offers with a promise I would meet
them in a few minutes.

Now, I do not know about anyone else, but when I know
I have a long travel day ahead of me, I do not like to
leave with a full stomach. You never know if
something you ate will not agree with you in the middle
of nowhere lol.

A discussion was had with my Mother. Some old things
were brought up and I spoke my parting comment and
left to go smoke a cigarette. Mom soon followed and
as we always do..we hash out a few more things before
we make up. It is always like that with her.

We said our farewells and spoke of calling each other
later. and I headed back to Sylvania.

Made a few videos on my cell for Wil.
~which I will post later~
And arrived at Bob's house. Everyone but him was still
asleep so we had a few minutes before I took off and
started back to Atlanta. While I was driving, Wil and I
spoke and he said he called the airlines to see if I could
get an earlier flight since I would be there hours before
I needed to be. He got me on standby.

I get to Atlanta, refill the tank and drop off the car.
Once again carrying that heavy ass bag I go through
the airport to where the gate is.
AND GUESS WHAT!!

For the first time in all my life of flying..the gate I
needed to get to was right there by the escalator!!
WHOO HOO!

I check in, and find out there are 17 others on standby.
So I wait...and wait..and wait.

Then they call my name! YES! I will be home 4 hours
earlier then expected. I end up near the front, sitting
between two Mexicans. 3 behind me and 2 in front of me.

The flight was pretty quick and we get into Chicago
20 minutes early.

My wonderful nephew Nick and his girlfriend, Karis
picked me up and brought me home. It was around
then I started to feel ... blah. But I put it down to the
long day of driving, the getting through the airports and
the flight.

Boy was I wrong.

The next morning I woke and worked my 12 hour shift.
By Monday morning I was ill.
My nose was running, I was having a hard time
breathing and I was coughing so hard I would give
myself a headache.
By Tuesday I had to get to the clinic. Swine flu was the
first thought in Wil and my heads.

I was tested for it. Given meds and sent home.
By Wednesday I was so ill I was getting frightened.
The cough medicine the Dr prescribed was making
me unbalanced. To the fact that I had fallen in the
bathroom when I went to pick something up.

Called the clinic and they told me not to take it
anymore. But I still had the Z-Pak antibiotics to take.

Well here it is a week later and I am sure it was not
Swine flu..but pneumonia which I am now prone to.
I can only wonder at what will happen next....

3 Comments:

Heff said...

Wil's gonna come down with it, and you'll go from there !

Gina said...

He better not!! LOL So far we have been very lucky. His affliction..(besides being a pain in my ass) we think is related to allergies. I am keeping a close eye on him though!

Anonymous said...

What's this about my brown eye?

Wil Harrison.com