Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I Almost Peed my Pants...

Last night, the Commander and I went out
for a late meal at this crappy joint
we frequent in the late hours. Due
to the fact that almost everything is closed
at 1 am lol.

Well we ate our halfway decent meals and left.
On the way home, Wil got the brilliant
idea to stop by one of the Dunkin Donut
places. I was thinking ice cream since the
dognuts at that time in the morning are
not exactly fresh.

Well....

We pull up to the window and of course I wanted to get
something OFF the menu that was there.

Now first of all...why is it the people that work
in this business are not just non Americans..
But have THE WORST accents in the world. So not only
does the horrible connection at the drive up suck..
but then you have this garbled shadow of a human's voice
not hearing you..or you not understanding them???

But wait..there is more...

We discover through our super human hearing and
our excellent deciphering skills the soft serve machine is
down. I forgo the ice cream and Wil places his order.
We drive around to the window..and the man that is there,
ALONE I might add comes to the window and with
not only a VERY thick Pakistan, India, or some sort
accent asks Wil to repeat his order.
When it came time to get the total
this poor man who already had some problems
due to the language difference proceeded to speak with
a consonant cheek flutter. Which of course, had me dying.
I had to hold it in till Wil paid the poor man and we drove
away so I could burst out in hysterical laughter that
made tears spill and legs clench to ensure I did not
pee myself.

Whoo..I am still giggling here over it!

2 Comments:

Heff said...

Well, at least you two kids are finally eating healthy foods at healthy times.


P.s. Only Heff is allowed to eat after 12 am....

Anonymous said...

Well, we were on our way out for a run and needed to load up on some carbs

Wil Harrison.com