Sunday, March 15, 2009

The War Comes Home......

Tonight this family has had some bad news.
we heard that a family member has been
killed in Afghanistan.
A road side bombing killed him
and two others.


Christopher was only 23 years old
He had his whole life ahead of him

We will always have you in our hearts




When I Must Leave You
By Helen Steiner Rice

When I must leave you for a little while-
Please do not grieve and shed wild tears
And hug your sorrow to you through the years.
But start out bravely with a gallant smile;
And for my sake and in my name
Live on and do all things the same.
Feed not your loneliness on empty days,
But fill each waking hour in useful ways,
Reach out your hand in comfort and in cheer
And I in turn will comfort you and hold you near;
And never, never be afraid to die
For I am waiting for you in the sky!


Vince Gill - Go Rest High On That Mountain
via FoxyTunes

1 Comment:

Heff said...

That was the LAST phone call I would've ever expected.