Saturday, March 22, 2008

Missing Loved Ones

Tonight, after getting off work, I came to
the office and sat down to listen to some
music when a song came on.
This song was playing at the wake
for my mother in law. No song in
the world could put the feelings and
emotions I went through and still
feel a shadow of when I think of this woman.
I was so very lucky to have had
her in my life. She was a True Lady.
This Lady had touched so many lives.
From her work in retail to her family's.
I was proud to call her Mother.
For I was blessed to have her as my mother in law.

There is another woman that I miss more
then words can express. My grandmother.
She has been gone 10+ years now and still,
to this day I will find myself wishing
I could just hug her again. I was not there
the day she passed. I could not handle
seeing her life fade away. This is a woman that
worked to raise her family. An elegant woman
that I loved dearly.
I am not alone in loving her,

or missing her.
My Aunts, Uncles, Mother, Cousins.
We all have special memories with her.
I being the first grandchild perhaps have a
few more then my cousins. But it does not
diminish how much this woman meant to
me, or them. She touched many lives.
And in some way..still does.

I found this poem and had
it put into Italian. It was a *thing* between
she and I.

Non stare in piedi alla mia tomba e piangere.
Non sono lí. Non dormo.
Sono mille venti che soffiano.
Sono lo scintillio di diamong sulla neve.
Sono la luce del sole sul grano maturato.
Sono la pioggia di autunno.
Quando lei si sveglia nel silenzio di mattina,
sono la fretta di uplifiting rapida
di uccelli gira intorno a nel volo
sono le stelle che
brillano di notte. Non stare in piedi sulla
mia tomba e piangere.
Non sono lí.
Non dormo.

Author: Unknown

La Nonna, l'amo e la manca.


Missing two women to: Vince Gill - Go Rest High On That Mountain
via FoxyTunes

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice post G. I was lucky to have her in my life too.

Jonathan said...

Ill never think of anyone else when I hear the Beatles play...That song brings me to tears every time...no matter where I am